A Spiritual Teacher told me a couple years ago..
”Be weary of those who speak from both sides of their mouths. Words can be lies and actions can be truths.”
This is so true and I think we all have experienced such a person in our lives at least once. We can not take such people personally, for their actions are their own burdens to carry, their lessons to learn from and it may take many lessons before they learn, as that burden weighs them down.
Here is a portion of a write up I found with regards ..Taken from blifaloo.com
• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.
• Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.
• Timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off a normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally, then stops suddenly.
• Timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: Someone says “I love it!” when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.
• Gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you.”
• Expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, surprised, sad, awe, )instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down, etc.
Obviously, just because someone exhibits one or more of these signs does not make them a liar. The above behaviors should be compared to a persons base (normal) behavior whenever possible.
Tell the liar that he/she only has a single option. This is done by suggesting that ONLY TRUTH will save any remains of the friendship, or that the friendship will be lost forever when the truth reveals itself by other means.